Already planning for the year ahead. Here's a glimpse of what is coming soon.
- Nightly blogs from MPC varsity games
- Nightly blogs from MPC 8th grade travel games
- Game of the week - Varsity and 8th Grade
- MPC Girls Super Week coverage
- MPC Swish expansion
- Fall AAU League (HS)
- SH Fall Challenge
- SH Proving Grounds (Individual Combine / Showcase - Middle School Boys/Girls)
- MPC #BeSeen College Showcase
- Expand power rankings to include entire state (6th-8th)
- MetroWest Game of the Week
- MLK Classic Single-Elimination Tournament
- SH Showcase (8th Grade All-Star Game)
- MA Middle School State Tournament
- MPC Swish Expansion
- SH Spring Shootout
- MPC Club Championship
- NEAAU State Tournament / Super Regional Coverage
If you have any other suggestions, please e-mail me at Selecthoops@gmail.com
On Monday night, Jim Gallivan was fired as Walpole's girls varsity basketball coach after two seasons. Gallivan was hired after decorated long time coach Stacy Bilodeau was controversially and unexpectedly fired. He was chosen to succeed Bilodeau and all he did was succeed.
During his tenure, the Rebels qualified for the state tournament each year and won post season games before losing to Duxbury (D2S powerhouse, and reigning D2 state champion) both seasons. This past season, Walpole won the Bay State League - Herget division and had the league MVP Summer King.
From a colleague's perspective, Gallivan was very well liked amongst league coaches, fought for his kids to make all-star/MVP at post season meetings, was very diligent in his scouting and went out of his way to follow his kids progress during the off season (most recently seen watching AAU games two weekends ago at Mass Premier Courts).
Walpole returns a lot of quality players, has an 8th grade class that just won the MetroWest D1 title and beyond that has quality teams at all the younger grades. On paper, this would be a great job. However, after firing two successful coaches coming off league titles in the past three seasons, what coach would make Walpole happy?