After a humbling weekend at NEXBBall tournament at Wheaton that saw the MPC Swish go 1-3 against some of the best older teams in the region (MT Elite - Traversi, Bay State Jaguars 10th and Bay State Magic - Russell), the Swish went 2-0 on Saturday at the MPC Club Championship.
The Swish defeated Boston Bobcats 11th 52-20 in its first game behind excellent defense and rebounding. In its second game of the day, the Swish defeated NH Flames 48-33 again behind a strong defensive effort as the Flames were held to 12 second half points.
- Jenn Butka (North Quincy) displayed her inside-outside game as she scored in a variety of ways.
- Kiera Fernandes (Worcester Academy) had a handful of strong takes and was a bully on the defensive end.
- Nicole Gallagher (Bishop Feehan) handled the point guard duties and played her usual hard nosed defense and was a leader on the glass. She was one of the leading scorers for the Swish on the day.
- Kaitlyn Guenet (Cardinal Spellman) was effective offensively and on the glass. She made great reads within the offense which enabled her to get a lot of good looks.
- Erika Ochenduszko (Rockland) was incredibly active in all phases of the game. She attacked and looked for her offense more, played chaotic defense and was lively on the glass.
- Kaylin Reen (Norwood) stepped out of her comfort zone offensively and was super aggressive and played a lot of point guard in addition to knocking down a handful of 3's.
- Tess Sussman (Rivers) was dominant in both games, and scored at will. She guarded other teams bigs and controlled the boards.
Megan Hill, Anna Shaughnessy and Jenna Roche did not play this past weekend, but figure to play a key role for the Swish when they travel to Albany this upcoming weekend for the GymRAT Challenge.
All posts written by Alex DaLuz unless otherwise noted.